THE POSITION: A permanent full time position (35 hours per week) is available within City Projects Group. The role of Professional Engineer is located in Traffic and Transport Branch in the Built Systems Branch.
The position is responsible for providing advice and making recommendations on traffic, transport and road safety issues. The applicant should have a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent suitable for Membership of Engineers Australia with highly developed report writing skills. This position will require the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and to represent Council capably to developers, consultants, other government agencies and the general public. Working knowledge of local Government and relevant engineering policies, procedures standards, guidelines and practices will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and the provision of quality customer service. A current driver’s license is a must.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent suitable for membership Engineers Australia.
- Highly developed written, communication and research skills to prepare concise and accurate reports and preparing grant submissions.
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and to represent Council capably to developers, consultants, other government agencies and the general public.
- Demonstrated high level application of analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use SIDRA software package and interpret the outcome.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 6, with a commencing salary range of $82,242 p.a. with progression to $90,780 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $96,336 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position description should be directed to Coordinator Traffic & Transport, Philip Saverimuttu on (02) 9725 0261 and a position description is available by contacting Dushanka Klickovic on (02) 9725 0252.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 5 February 2021 at 5:00pm
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 - FAIRFIELD NSW 1860