About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and experienced professional to join Council’s Corporate Governance Team. The successful applicant will develop, implement and monitor strategic risk management frameworks and initiatives across Wollondilly Shire Council through partnering with management and staff including the provision of advice, education and ongoing support.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly an even better place, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Salary commencing from $90,593 per annum, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 hours per week with participation in Council’s flex-time system
- A leaseback vehicle is available with this position, however this is not a condition of employment
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Tertiary Qualifications in Risk Management, Governance or related field and a current Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise risk management including business continuity, insurance management and internal audit programs.
Personal Attributes, Communication and Team Work
- Demonstrated commitment to Council’s Corporate ICARE Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation
- High level of communication skills and computer literacy, including the ability to influence a variety of different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience working within a multidisciplinary team and the ability to proactively partner with staff at all different levels to achieve results.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of timely, accurate and professional customer service to internal and external customers.
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to provide effective and innovative solutions in a change management environment.
- Demonstrated skills in prioritisation and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines concurrently.
- Experience overseeing budgets as it relates to risk management.
- Post Graduate Qualifications.
- Local Government Experience.
Further Information: Melissa Sutton, Coordinator Corporate Governance and Enterprise Risk on 4677 9620.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Wednesday, 2 December 2020.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website: https://www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au/council/employment-opportunities/ Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
‘Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity’