We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
This newly created role is the perfect opportunity for a skilled and motivated individual to make their mark. In this role you will be responsible for the coordination of the Store and Depot Services, which includes financial management and business analysis, staff and inventory management for the store and the coordination of maintenance of Council Depots. As this is a new direction for Council, you will have the opportunity to assist with the transition to the service delivery model employed by Council.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Transition the Stores into a service delivery function;
- Develop Stores / Depots Marketing and Business Plans;
- Manage a motivated team across two locations;
- Coordinate the external plant hire process.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree in Financial Accounting or related discipline.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Demonstrated practical application in applying business analysis outcomes to operational improvements.
- Experience in administrative computer software systems.
- Knowledge of the supply and or motor industry.
You will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who is looking to work in a diverse and professional environment. You will pride yourself on your efficiency and accuracy. Additionally, you will have strong analytical skills and customer focus. You will be a team player who continually shows positive leadership and looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $90,378 to $105,034 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 7 December 2020
Enquiries: Manager Fleet and Depot Services - 02 6801 4940
Interview: It is anticipated that interviews for this position will be held on Friday 11 December 2020.How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)