We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The IT Support Officer is responsible for providing day-to-day 1st and 2nd line operational support (Service desk) services to users including hardware, software, training and telecommunications related incidents and to provide administrative support to users in respect of client side information technology and telecommunications equipment and facilities.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Provide efficient and effective service desk services to the organisation,
- Investigate and resolve operational related incident and service requests, and
- Systems installation and implementation services.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Solid IT industry experience and/or TAFE Certificate of Trade or equivalent IT industry certifications,
- Demonstrated experience in the operation, use and support of personal computer hardware, software and peripherals including application deployment,
- Demonstrated experience in the use of operating systems including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Windows Server,
- Customer focused with the ability to understand the needs, objectives and constraints of business clients and users,
- Practical knowledge and experience in Local Area Network (LAN) management and support and associated network operating systems including backups, enterprise anti-virus and Microsoft Active Directory management, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
You are a skilled and motivated IT professional with proven skills and experience in desktop, server and network operating systems. You have a proven track record of providing technical support and imparting technical knowledge across an organisation. You will be innovative and ambitious and show a passion for technology and excellent customer service.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description or the entire scope of the position requirements including the position criteria.
Salary: $63,452-$73,743 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 7 December 2020
Enquiries: IT Support Team Leader - 6801 4317
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete the online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) than copy your answers into this page when you are ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.