We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.The Opportunity
The Showground Operations Coordinator is responsible for the efficient operation of Dubbo and Wellington Showgrounds for the use by commercial and community events including agricultural shows and events, large scale community events, business meetings and sporting events (ie horse). This position provides a diverse and challenging work environment having key accountabilities in both facility management and event management.
The Showground Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing a well maintained facility, high levels of customer service, stakeholder partnerships, business development and team leadership.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Diploma qualifications and/or extensive experience in facility management, event management, project management or related discipline;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in managing a facility or business;
- Experience in managing an operational team to delivery quality outputs;
- High level of communication of verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office programs including MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in coordinating the preparation of and hosting multiple events simultaneously; and
- MR Drivers Licence.
You are self-motivated, highly organised, and have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. You have a positive attitude to working across a range of projects and value a constructive, collaborative, positive team culture.
You will pride yourself on your high level of attention to detail, and continually demonstrate positive leadership.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including opportunity to access a monthly day off, DRC fitness passport program, well-being program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and have an active social club.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Commuter use vehicle is also available for this position.
Salary: $76,073 - $88,409 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 9.00am on Monday 30 November 2020
Enquiries: Manager Regional Events - 02 6801 4140How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)