We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Newcastle.
Based at the Western Plains Cultural Centre, working closely with the Operations Coordinator and the Cultural Development Team, the Customer Service and Online Engagement Officer is responsible for assisting in all matters relating to front of house operations and the online and social media presence of the Western Plains Cultural Centre.
The position works 29 hours per week Monday to Friday.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- A high level of interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Knowledge of the application of digital communications including websites and social media;
- A high level of written and oral communication skills; and
- Experience in the delivery of accurate, relevant information to external audiences.
You have the ability to show initiative and think outside the square . You have a positive attitude to working across a range of projects and value a constructive, collaborative, positive team culture. Additionally, you will thrive on providing high levels of customer service and have experience in producing social and online media content.
You will be a team player who looks for constructive ways to contribute to team culture.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and have an active social club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary: $45,339 - $52,691 (pro rata) per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am, 30 November 2020
Enquiries: Western Plains Cultural Centre Operations Coordinator - 6801 4446How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)