About the role
We are looking for a Senior Planner/Urban Designer to join our innovative team. Reporting to the Team Leader Planning and Urban Design, you will be responsible for developing strategy and policy responses and controls in relation to complex urban and rural development. In this highly strategic role where you can make a difference to the landscape of Coffs Harbour, you will also address planning issues in accordance with NSW planning legislation and placemaking principles.
Coffs Harbour City Council is seeking a responsible, motivated and enthusiastic professional, with extensive experience in Planning. To be successful, you will possess a Degree in urban planning, urban design, architecture, landscape architecture or equivalent with extensive practical and relevant experience in a direct or related field. You will also have an understanding of legislation and are comfortable with preparing planning proposals and development control plan amendments.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer:
- Whilst this is a 35-hour a week role, we encourage flexible working hours so that you can shape your work life balance.
- This is a permanent role, offering a stable career choice.
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Significant scope for performance based salary increases.
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in.
- Participation in innovative, challenging projects.
Starting salary of around $95K + Superannuation + Leaseback vehicle. All other conditions of employment will be in accordance with the Council's Enterprise Agreement and NSW Local Government (State) Awards.
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD.
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role.
- Enquiries: Marcy Mills firstname.lastname@example.org Tel (02) 6648 4656
- Please note applications must be submitted via Councils Careers page by 9pm AEDT on the closing date
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background
To apply for this job go to: http://coffsharbour.recruitmenthub.com.au/Positions-Vacant & enter ref code: 5247332. Applications close 01 Nov 2020