- $80,994 - $94,756 p.a. + super + 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance + potential to earn market rate allowance up to $5,000
- Private use leaseback vehicle plus mobile phone
- Permanent full time position with a fortnightly rostered day off
About the role
We are offering an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Traffic & Transport Engineer to join our Technical Services division here at Woollahra Council on a permanent full time basis.
Reporting directly to the Traffic & Transport Team Leader, you will join a high performing and collaborative team. The position will require you to:
- Prepare appropriate reports to the Traffic Committee, and carry out actions to implement Traffic Committee resolutions.
- Provide timely reports and advice to the Planning & Development Section related to the potential impacts of proposed developments on Council’s traffic management and parking infrastructure and recommend appropriate action, including consent conditions and works in association with development.
- Arrange surveys and data collection relating to traffic, transport and parking issues.
- Arrange community and key stakeholder notification of traffic management proposals.
- Provide technical advice to other Council staff and the community regarding traffic related issues. This advice is to be based on appropriate industry standards. Technical advice on the following, but not limited to: Permit to Stand Plant Applications, Work Zones, Special Events and Road Closures, building and road occupation applications, parking restrictions, parking permits, traffic management devices including traffic calming, traffic management near schools, speeding issues and street lighting.
We are looking to engage a professional who has all the skills and attributes necessary to deliver for our community. You will be a high achiever with:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a related discipline such as Civil Engineering.
- Technical expertise in Traffic and Transport Engineering, including relevant practical experience.
- Technical expertise in Development Assessment relating to traffic management and parking, including relevant practical experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the traffic, transport and parking management principles within a local road environment and current trends.
- Well-developed report writing, and verbal communication skills
How to apply
- Apply online by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- Please click here to view the position requirements.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to this in the online questionnaire responses.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Emilio Andari, Traffic & Transport Team Leader, on (02) 9391 7174 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: 29 October 2020
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.