Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
Shoalhaven City Council is seeking a suitable candidate to supervise a development team and to assess and determine development applications for the benefit of the Shoalhaven region.
The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
Reporting directly to the Unit Manager – Development Services, the focus of this position is to:
- To manage, assess and process development assessments which range up to and contain elements of high complexity and value.
- Provide for the protection, promotion and improvement of the natural and built environment, and public amenity and safety in order to achieve the objectives of Council’s Community Strategic Plan.
- Support and manage the day to day operations of staff and assets.
- Ensure processes and protocols are in place for compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies and ensure that risks are managed.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning, or Urban and Regional Planning or appropriate relevant discipline
- Extensive experience in the Local Government environment in the development assessment process / statutory planning process, including the preparation of development applications.
- Be eligible for membership to the Planning Institute of Australia.
- Hold or be eligible to acquire a NSW WorkCover Construction Induction card.
- Class C Driver’s Licence
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to upload your resume and a brief cover letter which should address the selection criteria as outlined in the job description.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions as shown below and questions regarding general information about you.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you hold.
- Briefly describe your experience supervising and supporting teams, how do you approach leadership tasks?
- Demonstrate your understanding and level of experience with assessing and determining development applications.
Contact: James Bonner– Unit Manager – Development Services - 02 4429 3382
Applications Close: Thursday, 29 October 2020 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email