We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
An opportunity has become available for an IT Professional to join the Information Services branch at Dubbo Regional Council. Working within the Business Systems team, the Business Systems Administrator is responsible for providing high quality application support, report development, and database administration services that support Council’s corporate information systems.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Provide application and database support services (Microsoft SQL),
- Provide a custom report development service to the organisation,
- Provide interface between software suppliers and key stakeholders,
- Be responsible for investigating and resolving operational related incident and service requests escalated by the IT Support Team,
- Manage Business Relationships, Develop and maintain Service Levels and establish and maintain supplier relationships with internal and external stakeholders,
- Manage the upgrade, deployment and use of Council’s ‘Corporate Systems’ software and underlying databases (Microsoft SQL), and
- Provide input into corporate plans, reports, programs, and policies.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Solid IT industry experience and/or TAFE Certificate of Trade or other equivalent IT industry certifications,
- Demonstrated experience in project management and project team leadership,
- Demonstrated experience managing information systems and databases in a large organisation,
- Familiarity with contract negotiation and service level agreements,
- Customer focused with the ability to understand the business needs, objectives, and constraints of clients, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You are an experienced IT Professional with proven skills in the management of information systems. You have previously provided systems administration services in a large multi-faceted environment and have a proven track record of providing technical support and imparting technical knowledge across an organisation. You will be innovative and ambitious and show a passion for technology and excellent customer service. The successful candidate will be technically minded with excellent knowledge of client and server side applications.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $69,480-$80,747 plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 26 October 2020
Enquiries: Business Systems Team Leader - 6840 1709How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)