- Provide expert advice on Transport related matters in the City of Ryde
- Key role supporting Council's Transport Strategy
- Excellent career building opportunity
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing beautiful natural landscapes, parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
Working as part of a professional engineering team, you will play an essential role in addressing traffic, transport and parking related matters that influence Council's future transport strategy. You will be responsible for providing high level technical advice to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on transport related infrastructure needs and traffic management measures.
You will contribute to the assessment of development applications, major planning proposals, construction and occupation certificate documentation and prepare reports/responses for City Works Directorate and Ryde Traffic Committee.
You are a suitably qualified Civil Engineer or Transport Planner with preferably a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar transport and traffic related position. You are an effective communicator and problem solver who is adept at developing and maintaining good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders whilst continuing to ensure a high standard of advice is provided and good outcomes for the community are achieved.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to use your traffic engineering knowledge and skills in a supportive team environment. You will also gain invaluable exposure to a wide range of engineering practices as a member of the City Works Directorate.
In addition to the above , you will also have:
- Degree in Engineering (Civil or equivalent) or other relevant discipline
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with experience preparing high quality letters, reports and responses to technical queries relating to traffic, transport and parking
- High level of computer literacy with MS applications and engineering applications
- Ability to undertake intersection analysis utilising SIDRA intersection software at an "intermediate" level of proficiency
- High level interpersonal skills with experience facilitating meetings and managing stakeholder expectations
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards relating to traffic, transport, parking and road safety (e.g. TfNSW Technical Directions/Manuals, Austroads, Australian Standards, Development Control Plans, etc.)
Your commencing salary will be in the range $84,704 to $101,645 p.a. + superannuation, subject to your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Free shuttle service between our North Ryde Office and North Ryde Metro Station
- Opportunity to sign up as a Fitness Passport member
- Opportunity to join Council's Social Club
- Various health & wellbeing initiatives (flu vaccinations, skin checks, wellbeing workshops)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Alex Zhu on (02) 9952 8383 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Monday 5 October 2020 at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer