Temporary Full-Time (12 month fixed term contract)
Band 7 ($97,887 to $108,777) plus 9.5% Super plus monthly ADO
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Our Assets and Capital Department has an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Waste and Energy Analyst to join the team. Reporting to the Coordinator Contract Management - Waste, you will provide guidance, coordination, advice and support to the Waste Management section and assist in analysing Council's energy usage data to support Carbon Neutral initiatives. This position will also maintain accurate energy and utility data, using data analytics to provide meaningful insights and to prepare necessary reports.
This is a temporary full time position on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Develop and maintain a database template to capture Maribyrnong waste and energy related data, analysing the information using data visualization tools to provide meaningful and actionable insights;
- Contribute to and provide accurate budget forecasting for waste and energy related work orders;
- Provide specialist waste and energy advice to stakeholders and training to delegated staff in the use of the template;
- Develop a street light replacement program to the required specifications, in accordance with Council plans and available funding;
- Assess and recommend for approval / rejection of energy and utility invoices, ensuring usage and costs are maintained in the database for reporting purposes;
- Document waste and energy business transformation through accurate process mapping adopting a continuous improvement approach to service delivery.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with several years' experience in data analytics, particularly in a waste and energy services environment;
- Demonstrable previous experience in the creation and maintenance of waste and energy databases, together with strong analytical experience;
- Previous experience facilitating service reviews, business process mapping and analysis with a continuous improvement lens;
- Experience in developing long term planning for the replacement of street lighting or similar;
- Proven ability to provide training and specialist advice regarding waste and energy data tools and analysis.
This is a role that really does make a difference! Apply Now to help us maintain our Zero Carbon Council status and to join an environmentally conscious and community focused organisation.
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant experience and addressing the Key Selection Criteria in support of your application by the close date.
For further details and a copy of the position description, please visit us at: http://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Enquiries: Indivar Dhakal, Acting Manager Assets and Capital on 0429 671 591, for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this job go to: http://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5206655. Applications close 28 September 2020 at 10pm.