When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- salary - $72,746 - $86,751 per annum, plus superannuation
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- location - Grafton
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
About the role
We're looking for a Governance Officer with a keen eye for details that can be applied to the governance activities of Council ensuring our compliance under a number of legislative frameworks. You ability to collaborate across the organisation to ensure deadlines are met is critical as is an interest in improving quality and timeliness of processes and services.
Experience in Local Government or in other Governance positions, will be of value to the successful candidate to meet the challenges associated with delivering services in an ever-changing and complex landscape. If you are ready to make a real impact, meet customer and community expectations and create a legacy of achievement, we'd like to hear from you.
Download the position description here.
To be considered for this position you will need to:
- attach a cover letter (2 pages maximum) and an up-to-date resume (5 pages maximum) that clearly details your skills & experience as relevant to this position. You will need to demonstrate how you meet the focus capabilities and how your skills will enable you to achieve the key accountabilities.
- Target questions - answer the two target questions - maximum 300 words each question
- Clarence Valley Council is moving towards online systems to manage reporting and compliance. Explain how you demonstrate a commitment to using new technologies in the workplace.
- Please give a detailed example of how you have improved service delivery in a particular area and explain the benefits this brought the organisation you were employed by.
Alex Moar, Manager Organisational Development on 6643 0832
Monday, 5 October 2020 at 11.30 pm (NSW time)
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Grafton office, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
Do you want further information on how to apply under the Capability Framework? Please read our How to apply for a job guide.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.