THE POSITION: The position contributes to the health outcomes of the community of Fairfield City through a partnership between Fairfield City Council, Population Health and Health Promotion in South Western Sydney Local Health District (SWSLHD). This officer is required to resource the Fairfield City Health Partnership and work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop and implement health initiatives.
The Health Partnership develop initiatives through an integrated and strategic approach to addressing health in strategic planning, policy development and program delivery. Key stakeholders from each partner agency will work collaboratively to address identified health issues.
The Health Partnership aims to improve health outcomes in Fairfield city including
- Contributing to a reduction in chronic disease, promote healthy lifestyles and improve wellbeing by increasing physical activity and healthy eating opportunities
- Enhancing an integrated approach to addressing health in planning for built environments and strategic and policy developments. This will include contributing to and strengthening processes that integrate health in strategic land use, place-making and public domain planning
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to address priority health, social and built environment issues
The position requires a person with the capacity to deal with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines, including Executive Management, professionals, project staff, and residents. The incumbent must be adaptable, persuasive and possess excellent communication and organisational skills and highly developed knowledge and experience in health promotion through behavioural and policy approaches.
Knowledge - Demonstrated knowledge of the social and community issues facing disadvantaged communities, co-design processes, advocacy and health.
Qualifications - Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as health promotion, public health, planning, policy or social impact, together with work experience.
- Relationship building and management skills and experience to facilitate the development of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels to identify issues to develop and implement policy, programs and/or strategies that contribute to solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, negotiation and commitment to respectful work practices and processes at all levels.
- Demonstrated successful experience in advocacy, strategy, policy and/or program development in culturally diverse and disadvantaged communities.
- Experience in social and/or health impact assessment, submission writing in relation to legislative or policy changes in regulatory areas such as lan duse, alcohol and gambling, housing and social infrastructure.
- Experience in co-design or collaboration in development of policy, programs or projects.
- Experience in research, analysis, consultation and engagement, evaluation and reporting.
- High level analytical, creative thinking and innovative problem solving skills that consider the range of Council’s activities to ensure integrated and coordinated solutions to community and health issues.
- Understanding of Local Government environment, relationship to the community and knowledge of relevant legislation and its application to services.
- Developed skills and knowledge in public relations and communications
- Knowledge of community issues.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Temporary position until 30 June 2021, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 6, salary range from $82,242
- Flexible working hours are available.
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Dany Ngov 9725 0222 or a position description is available by contacting on the Fairfield City Council website.
CLOSING DATE: 5 October 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 - FAIRFIELD NSW 1860