West Tamar Council comprises a premier wine and lifestyle region on the back of the Tamar River. We have a current population of 22,740 and a range of areas from one of Tasmania’s fastest-growing towns, Legana, to stunning beaches and communities such as Badgers Head, Kelso, and Clarence Point. We adjoin our regional centre, City of Launceston, and have a strong economy and building industry.
We seek the services of a Development Compliance Coordinator within our Development Services Department. The successful candidate will need to satisfy the following selection criteria:
- Well-developed negotiation, conflict resolution, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of and experience in administering Local Government regulatory processes including an understanding of relevant legislation and effective legal compliance processes;
- Evidence-based decision-making skills demonstrated good judgment and outcomes-focused;
- Well-developed computer literacy and skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and the ability to develop and/or utilise record management systems and databases;
- Certificate IV in Local Government (Regulatory Services) or willingness to obtain or equivalent;
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise workloads;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to supervise staff.
To view the full position description and application process please go to Council's website.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your covering letter, selection criteria and resume via: www.wtc.tas.gov.au