About the Opportunity
This newly created role is responsible for maintaining Council’s Assets Register. This includes but is not limited to, all accounting functions for infrastructure, property, plant and equipment assets. It will also be involved in Assisting the team with the preparation of the Financial Statements as well as being responsible for managing Council’s 5 year rolling asset revaluation process and providing assistance and knowledge to the Infrastructure Services department in relation to Council’s assets and generating reports as required.
• Maintain Fixed Asset System
• Process all Asset Purchases and Sales on a monthly basis
• Process Depreciation on a monthly basis
• Maintain spreadsheets detailing all Fixed Assets sold, including Profit & Loss on sale of assets and proceeds from sale
• Completion of all Asset related notes in the Annual Financial Statements
• Completion of Special Schedule 7 in conjunction with Assets and Technical Services team
• Manage the Asset Revaluation 5 year rolling program – preparation of associated accounting journals
• Provide assistance to the Assets and Technical Services team in regards asset management
• Assist the Department Leader of Finance in any financial matters as they arise
So what do you need to be successful?
- Diploma in Accounting or a related discipline and/or experience in financial accounting functions in a large organization.
- Experience in asset accounting
- Knowledge of accounting for Assets in a large organisation.
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards and Legislation, relevant to the position.
- Skills and knowledge in the operation of spreadsheet and database applications
- Strong ability in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and report on financial data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with customers and staff at all levels.
- Strong ability in the use of accounting software and other relevant software applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Accuracy with a high attention to detail.
- Highly systematic and organised approach to work with strong prioritisation and time management skills
Other details relating to this position are:
Gross weekly wage is $72K to $78K per annum depending on qualifications and experience, plus superannuation
All Council full-time staff operate under a 9 Day Fortnight arrangement
Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award 2020
Applications close 8pm Sunday 11 October 2020
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job
Cabonne Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please take a few moments to read the responsibilities and criteria carefully and assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cant submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not required, Council will only accept applications submitted online. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Council's Department Leader of Finance, Veronica Windus on (02) 63923203. Cabonne Council operates a merit based recruitment process
In the event that you are shortlisted for an interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you must be prepared to undergo the following pre-employment screening processes as part of the selection process.
A pre-employment physical examination (at Council's expense) including a hearing test and may include a drug and alcohol test
Provide the applicable working with children check number, if applicable to the position
Undertake any other applicable screening that may be relevant to the role
Council may also check the authenticity of certificates and qualifications