- 12 month fixed term (maternity cover), full-time contract
- Base Salary Package starting at $103,299
- Total Effective Package: $115,396 (inclusive of leave loading and superannuation)
- Alice Springs based
- Looking for immediate start
The Manager Transport Infrastructure and Fleet is responsible for overseeing and managing the delivery of Transport Infrastructure and Fleet services across the MRC region to both internal and external stakeholders ensuring high quality and compliance.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a technical team working in a unique context. Applicants with strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills will be highly regarded.
MacDonnell Regional Council
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs more than 500 staff, 370 of whom are Aboriginal.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
- Manage the delivery of Transport Infrastructure and Fleet services across MRC ensuring compliance with legislative and contractual requirements as well as Council policy and procedures
- Provide technical and specialist advice to others including the Executive Leadership team, and seek advice internally or externally from others as required
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external policy, relevant standards and funding agreements
- Represent MRC at external meetings as required and articulate MRC policy and strategic direction to external stakeholders
- Develop, maintain and implement long term asset plans for transport infrastructure and fleet in accordance with MRC policy
- Develop budgets and manage expenditure and financial compliance across all relevant functions and programs
- Implement systems to monitor contract and program deliverables including human resources, financial management and other compliance areas to ensure successful delivery of services and projects
- Develop and maintain policy and procedures in collaboration with Director Technical Services to assist with program and service delivery
- Support, mentor and manage performance of staff to build capacity and to ensure full potential of team members is achieved
- Establish and manage a panel of contractors including compliance of work and conflict resolution
- Develop and manage capital upgrade work programs on MRC roads and other infrastructure as required
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field along with extensive relevant work experience
- Proven management and leadership skills, including the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Proven ability in managing physical resources, with established job planning, analytical and reporting skills
- Proven high-level skills and experience on relevant subject matter relating to this position including legislation and operations
- Experience in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders with skills in negotiation and conflict management
- Sound decision-making skills including an analytical approach to problem-solving
- High-level interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to provide advice to stakeholders
- High-level computer skills including experience using a number of diverse software programs
- Knowledge of statutory, legal and contractual obligations
Staff choose to work here because of their commitment to advancing the lives of our residents. Staff are rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports career growth.
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote Salary packaging
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia. For further information contact Kea Lambert, by phoning 0417 696 513.
Applications will close once a suitable candidate is found. Do not delay - apply now!
|To apply for this job go to: https://macdonnell.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5189993.|