- Salary from $87,629.49 to $102,687.13 pa + super (plus potential to earn additional market rate allowance)
- 35 hours per week with a fortnightly RDO
- Fully maintained private use motor vehicle
About the role:
Woollahra Council has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Assessment Officer to join our high performing Development Control team on a permanent full time basis.
As Senior Assessment Officer, you will be required to manage and assess developments from commercial, residential, Harbour foreshore and Heritage Conservation in a progressive and supportive environment.
You will ensure that development occurs in a way that is consistent with the objectives of the Woollahra Delivery Program and Operational Plan, and all relevant planning instruments, codes and policies.
You will also assist the Team Leader Development Control in the leadership and day to day management of the development assessment team to ensure all agreed work plans, targets and deadlines are achieved.
We are looking for a high performing, enthusiastic professional with leadership and management potential. You will have the knowledge and extensive experience in assessing complex and often controversial development applications.
In addition, you will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and thrive in a multi-disciplinary team.
Click here to review the essential criteria which is required to be met in order to fulfil the role.
How to apply:
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Thomass Wong, Assessment Team Leader on (02) 9391 7158 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 07 September 2020
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.