The Corporate Policy Co-ordinator is responsible for managing Council’s statutory and corporate governance function in accordance with legislative obligations such as, Local Government Act.
Some of the many and varied tasks include development of corporate governance policies, guidelines and procedures, maintaining public and corporate registers, writing memos, reports and submissions and providing probity advice.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Appropriate qualification in business, law, governance or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to interpret legislation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience in policy development and implementation
- Demonstrated project management skills and knowledge
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Local Government Act and Regulations
- Minimum 3 years experience in local government
- Ability to lead a small team
- Computer literacy - MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint (intermediate level)
- Experience in use of Objective system
- Ability to effectively liaise with all levels of Council staff and Councillors
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 6 salary range is $82,242 p.a. with progression to $88,565 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $96,336 p.a.
Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Mrs Sonja Drca, Manager Governance and Legal on 9725 0226. A position description is available on Council’s website.
CLOSING DATE: 4.30pm on Friday 21 August 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Essential Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 - FAIRFIELD NSW 1860