35 hours per week
Salary from $66,997p.a. plus superannuation
Full-time | 35 hours per week
Work within a team that is inspiring and leaders within the Early Education and Care Sector. Find a sense of fulfilment and enjoy being challenged and encouraged to grow within your career through professional development and team environments.
If you have a passion for Education, join us on the journey to enhance children’s lives.
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups and early intervention services and family support services. Strong networking opportunities and support exists for educators who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skills development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for directors, study support including study leave and reimbursement secondments across the services. Comprehensive training plans to suit individuals are also available and consistent support from the Management Team.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ an enthusiastic Early Childhood Teacher that is highly motivated with a focus on excellence. New graduates are encouraged to apply. You will be required to work as part of a dynamic team to meet the individual programming needs of children 0-5 years.
Working arrangements for both full time and part time nature will be considered. Please ensure your application clearly states if you are applying specifically for either the permanent or part time nature will be considered. or if you are interested in both all roles.
- 3 or 4 year Bachelor of Teaching or Education (Early Childhood) as approved by ACECQA
- Current First Aid Certificate, Asthma Certificate, Anaphylaxis Certificate and Working with Children Check, as approved by ACECQA
- Must be an Accredited Teacher and actively working towards the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Must be able to meet the minimum prescribed requirements of a responsible person as per the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Working knowledge and demonstrated high-quality programming skills with an ability to incorporate the Early Years Learning Framework, the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standards
- A demonstrated ability to participate in decision making and problem solving
- A demonstrated ability in using a variety of interpersonal skills in multiple teams
Applications close on Sunday 16 August 2020, 11.59pm.
Please contact Children and Family Services on 9725 0393 if you have any questions regarding the position.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 - FAIRFIELD NSW 1860