We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
This role is responsible for assisting in the delivery of all services relating to the issue of rates and charges and associated quarterly usage accounts for water consumption and related charges, including associated administration and customer service, in line with Council Policies, Statutory requirements, and relevant Acts.
In this role, you will get the opportunity to:
- Operate and maintain the Authority Water Billing module
- Calculate the usage charges for Water Consumption, Non Residential Sewer and Trade Waste accounts for the quarterly billing as per Council’s Revenue Policy
- Assist with levy of applicable Rates, Water, Sewer and Waste Charges
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Provide support and relief to other officers in the Revenue team as required
- Generate and issue 603 Certificates
- Ensure Council's property ownership recorded are accurate by maintaining ownership and address details
- Ensure that the accuracy and integrity of Council's central Name and Address Register is maintained
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Certificate III in Business, Finance, Administration or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out Accounts Receivable processes
- High level customer service skills
- Sound organisational/time management skills
- High level knowledge and experience in the use of PC based office application software especially Microsoft applications including Word and Excel
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Current Class C (Car) drivers licence
You will be a Finance professional with excellent customer service skills, seeking a challenging role in a large Local Government organisation. You will have a keen eye for detail, enjoy analysing information and have demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines. Previous experience working within a finance/account keeping role will be considered favourably.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $58,485 - $67,970 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 17 August 2020
Enquiries: : Revenue Accountant - 6801 4283
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.