We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.The Opportunity
This position within Dubbo Regional Council is providing an exciting opportunity to plan and deliver high quality swimming lessons in a safe, fun and effective manner at Dubbo Regional Council Aquatic Centres. The position will provide all patrons of the Dubbo Regional Council Aquatic Centres with a high level of customer service and a safe, efficient and enjoyable learning environment for all lesson participants.In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Conduct learn to swim lessons and programs
- Promote and raise awareness of programs
- Develop good relationships with students, parents and carers
- Work with the Swim and Water Activities Officer and Aquatic Centre Manager to improve service delivery
- Experience planning and delivering a range of learn to swim programs and knowledge of sequences of teaching and expectations of child development
- Working with Children Check
- Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
- Current AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety accreditation and licence
- Willingness to work Monday to Sunday at Dubbo, Wellington and Geurie
As a casual Learn to Swim Instructor you will enjoy working with a diverse range of students, parents and carers. You will ensure high standards of safety and customer service.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria. This position requires a pre-employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $25.90 - $30.10 per hour plus superannuation, plus 25% loading in lieu of all leave and severance pay. Casual loading is not payable on overtime. Junior employees will be paid as per the Award.
Closing Date: 9.00 am Monday 10 August 2020
Enquiries: Aquatic Leisure Centres Manager - 02 6801 4491
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)