We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.The Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Haulage Truck Driver to work as part of our haulage crew to win, load, haul and deliver bulk haulage requirements for Council's operations. You will work on major council infrastructure projects.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Drive a heavy haulage truck
- Operate front end loaders
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Class HC Drivers Licence and plant operator competence in Haulage Truck operation including mechanical aptitude.
- Appropriate work related (civil assets) experience.
- Basic clerical capabilities, literacy and numeracy.
- Good customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Construction Work ticket and RTA Traffic control tickets (Traffic Controller & Implement traffic Control Plans.
You will have experience operating haulage trucks preferably in an infrastructure setting. You will also be a good communicator with good customer service skills who is punctual and reliable.What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $58,485-$67,970 per annum plus superannuation and an industry allowance.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 10 August 2020
Enquiries: Operations Engineer West - 6801 4832
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)