The organisation: MidCoast Council is a workplace designed for high-performing employees. We value, support and develop those who are committed to delivering positive outcomes for our community. We empower those who bring a “can-do” attitude and who have the courage to make mistakes and learn from them. We strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do.
Right now we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our staff. In early 2021 we will be moving our administration staff into a brand new office in Taree South. We are implementing a single integrated enterprise resource planning solution to enable us to realise efficiencies for our staff and community.
The role: This position sits within the Community Services Department of MidCoast Council and is responsible for working with Aboriginal people, funding body priority groups and the Aboriginal/community services sector.
This rare and rewarding opportunity will see you building and strengthening the relationships between Council and Aboriginal Organisations and Communities, work to improve and promote cultural safety and inclusiveness and working closely with the Aboriginal community to implement programs and and strategies.
The package: Commencing salary circa $64,494 p.a. (Grade 8) plus Superannuation.
The location: Initially this role will be based full time in Forster. In future you will also be required to work part of your hours out of Council Offices at 2 Biripi Way Taree. When the time comes for you to move to Biripi Way, four weeks’ notice will be provided. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region
Tenure: Permanent Full Time.
- Aboriginality. This is a genuine occupational requirement under the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977;
- Knowledge of the local community and culture;
- Qualification in social science, community development or related, preferably degree level;
- Contemporary knowledge and experience in design, implementation and evaluation of community development activities, preferably working with young people and youth service providers;
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
Closing date: Sunday 9th August 2020 at 11.30 pm.
Please Note: This is a designated Aboriginal position under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Proof or Confirmation of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander heritage will be required from the successful applicant.