- $84,241.72 - $108,947.50 p.a. plus super plus potential to earn an additional market rate allowance for the right Candidate!
- Fully maintained private use vehicle
- Permanent full time with a fortnightly RDO
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Team Leader to join the Open Space and Trees department at Woollahra Municipal Council on a full time, permanent basis.
As the Team Leader, you will lead the open space and recreation activities for the Council. You will have direct control of all operational functions of the unit and take the lead in partnering with the community to plan and develop open space and recreation facilities and services that respond to their needs.
You will be required to plan, manage and develop Council's open space and recreation assets and manage the delivery of capital projects for the enhancement of public open space.
This will include managing the development and implementation of planning documents relevant to our open spaces, seek opportunities for grant funding and manage budget administration responsibilities.
Reporting to the Manager of Open Space and Trees, you will supervise and lead a team of professionals to ensure staff and contractors work efficiently to provide services that meet the community needs.
You will be required to:
- Lead a dynamic team to administer the use of public open space, including parks, sport fields and foreshores in line with community needs.
- Prepare, review and update policy and procedures relevant to the management of public open space.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and delivering recreational plans, strategies and initiatives with appropriate public presentation and community engagement skills.
- Provide strategic open space advice for new developments and the upgrade of existing spaces.
- Contribute to the management of the Capital Works delivery program including project briefs and project management.
- Manage customer requests and complaints concerning open spaces and promptly undertake the necessary action.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and keep up to date on all recreational aspects.
- Tertiary qualifications in parks / recreation management, recreation planning, leisure management, landscape architecture or related field.
- High level professional knowledge and experience related to the management of public spaces.
- Significant work experience in a recreation or parks industry.
- Experience in organising external funding and administer expenditure of budgets.
- High level report writing, community engagement and public presentation experience.
- Proven record of consultation within a community.
- Proven performance and ability to deliver projects and meet targets.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Experience in Local Government or similar environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Understanding of Local Government planning principles related to works on open space.
- Knowledge and experience in asset management systems.
- Experience in supervising and providing direction within a team environment.
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Paul Fraser on 9391 7177 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, 9 August 2020
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication