- Salary $80,249.50 - $93,089.84 p/a + super
- Full time fixed term contract - up to July 2022
- Flexible working hours
- Located at Council’s Pymble Depot Office
Council is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced professionals for the role of Internal Auditor to provide a range of internal audit services operating under a shared services agreement to six member councils including Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Hunters Hill, Mosman, North Sydney and Strathfield.
This is a great opportunity to progress your career in a challenging and complex role within Local Government where you will work collaboratively with your team to ensure outcomes are achieved which are in line with relevant legislation and Council’s strategic direction.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the internal audit plans across six member councils
- Undertake risk-based reviews in accordance with the approved annual internal audit plan including planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow up on management action plans
- Providing objective feedback and recommendations
- Contribute to the review of internal audit systems, standards and processes to achieve continuous improvement and quality assurance in internal audit.
Required experience & skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or related discipline such as business or information technology
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with particular emphasis in the areas of consultation, negotiation and conflict management
- Demonstrated ability to compile clear and professional audit reports
- Experience and high level of competency in the use of computerised business systems including accounting packages and data interrogation tools
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a team which has diverse and demanding responsibilities.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- A thorough understanding of Local Government in NSW or a capacity to rapidly acquire this knowledge.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more?
Please contact Hiring Manager Susan Leahy, Head of Internal Audit on 9424 0680
Closes: 11.45pm, Sunday, 19th July 2020.
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer