When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 76 hours per fortnight
- salary - $54,522 - $65,018 per annum, plus superannuation
- a 9 day fortnight
- location - Rushforth Road Works Depot, South Grafton
- the opportunity to accrue time in lieu
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
About the role
In the position of Senior Field Operator (Water Cycle) you will be primarily undertaking construction, maintenance and repair of water and sewerage reticulation, pumping stations and services with up to 5 other staff, as well as undertaking some water meter reading as required. You will be responsible for ensuring works meet quality, environmental and Work Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements, and also responsible for completing associated corporate documentation. The successful candidate is required to be available to participate in an on-call roster.
Download the position description here.
Andrew Potter, Water & Sewer Operations Coordinator on 6640 3591
Monday, 20 July 2020 at 11.30 pm (NSW time)
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Rushforth Road Works Depot however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
Please note that when the successful applicant is required to wear Breathing Apparatus or respiratory protection equipment (RPE), they will need to be clean shaven.
Completing your application:
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- We recommend that you prepare your responses in a Word document first, and then copy and paste into the fields within the online application form.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website
For this application you will be required to supply relevant certificates and licences
Council is an EEO employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.