Maintenance and Treatment Operations Officer (5 positions available)
Remuneration: $1156.38 per week plus 13% superannuation.
Closing Date: Sunday 19 July 2020 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
These positions will be required to rotate among various Gympie Regional Council Treatment Plants to optimise efficiency and provide resilience and support to the treatment plant teams with the maintenance and operations of Council's Water and/or Sewerage Treatment Plants, ensuring that maintenance and operations programming contribute to the highest quality of service to our customers, including compliance with Regulators.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking candidates who are self motivated and willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary team. With the flexibility to rotate between water and waste water treatment plants across the region, we need people who are responsive and technically minded with an ability to problem-solve. The candidate who has treatment plant maintenance and operation experience, diagnostic skills and mechanical ability, including knowledge of the maintenance and operations of pumps will do well in this role. A qualification in Water and Waste Water Operations would be highly regarded, however, unqualified highly experienced candidates will also be considered.
To be considered for this position, candidates will ideally have:
- Certificate III in Water and Waste Water Operations.
- Relevant experience in the maintenance and operations of a water and/or sewerage treatment plant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe chemical handling and storage.
- Demonstrated computer operation skills including reporting and field date capture.
- Knowledge of SCADA and telemetry systems.
- A knowledge of quality assurance and maintenance management systems.
- A working knowledge of the maintenance and operations requirements of water and sewerage pumping stations.
How to apply
Visit www.gympie.qld.gov.au and click on the Jobs At Council link, then click on the corresponding Job Number link to view details and apply online.
Applications close on Sunday 19 July 2020 at 5.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.