Council is seeking an experienced and passionate professional to fill this redesigned role. The primary focus of this role is to prepare and supervise civil engineering project planning and design, including elements of options assessment, site assessment and concept planning, as well as the detailed design and specification of projects
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manage the engineering services team, providing timely delivery of technical components of projects within the Council’s operational plan, operational budget and strategic documents.
- Manage design projects so that construction plans are provided in a timely manner and the information included in the documentation is accurate and constructible.
- Ensure that all affected utility services are adjusted or relocated well in advance of civil construction programmed works.
- Accurately and efficiently develop and maintain the register of Civil Construction Plans and ensure access to Technical Services and Operations staff.
- Ensure that utility adjustments and land acquisitions procedures are commenced at the onset of the design phase to ensure no disruption occurs to the timeline of the civil construction phase for all projects which you are the designated project officer.
- Support the Department Leader – Assets and Technical Support as required
- Accurately collect information from the field using a number of techniques including survey (with Total Station), site measurements, photographs and sketches.
- Design and document road construction projects within project management timelines for local roads (urban and rural) and RMS state roads.
- Competently design and document civil structures associated with road construction project including culvert structures, road furniture and safety barrier systems.
- Effectively design and document civil works within urban areas including stormwater drainage, water and sewerage reticulation systems, parking areas and landscaped areas.
- Effectively operate Civilcad civil engineering software an AutoCad drafting software.
- Effectively operate general computer software including MS Office and Electronic Records Management System.
- Manage requests for information from within Council and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Experience in the civil engineering technical services and/or project management of infrastructure programs
- Previous supervisory experience with proven ability to resolve interpersonal conflict.
- Experience in applying relevant legislative, statutory and industry standards in relation to civil engineering design.
- Experience in managing contracts and project management skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to manage projects and programs in a timely manner and to agreed outcomes.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with external clients.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to deal tactfully with people at all levels.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or extensive experience in a related field of work
- Class C driver’s licence
- Construction industry safety induction (white card)
- Demonstrated ability to present concise, accurate oral and written reports
Other details relating to this position are:
- This position is graded 9-10 within Council's salary system ($1393.60 to $1624.40 per week) actual salary will be negotiated within this range with regards to skills, quals & experience
- Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award 2020
- Applications close 8pm Sunday 12 July 2020
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job
- Cabonne Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity