About the role
Bathurst Regional Council currently has an exciting opportunity available to join the Strategic Planning team as a Senior Strategic Planner on a 12 month full time contract. The position of Senior Strategic Planner will undertake strategic planning activities to manage the future growth and change of the Bathurst region, including:
- The preparation and implementation of strategic landuse and planning projects in accordance with relevant statutes, regulations and Council policies.
- The preparation of planning proposals and development controls to ensure Council’s planning controls achieve best practice, excellence in urban design and remain up to date.
- Ongoing review of Council’s developer contribution plans.
- The provision of planning advice to Council and to developers and the public.
- The management of external consultants in the delivery of strategic planning projects.
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- 3 to 5 years town planning experience in the NSW Planning system.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of strategic landuse planning projects and land use planning controls.
- Experience in developer contribution planning.
- Experience in project management and the management of external consultants.
- Demonstrated experience in research, analysis, problem solving and report writing.
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and experience in community engagement.
- A high degree of self-motivation, initiative and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Local Government town planning experience in development assessment and strategic planning.
- Previous experience in urban and subdivision design.
- Previous experience in heritage assessment and management.
- Related qualifications in local government management, heritage conservation or environmental management
For further information or to apply for the role, please click here
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1478.59 to $1553.44 per week + super. A Council leaseback vehicle will be available to the position in accordance with Council's leaseback vehicle policy.
Position Status: Full time 12 month contract
Hours of work: 35 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday 12 July 2020, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Environmental, Planning & Building Services Department - 02 6333 6276
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.