We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute, your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.The Opportunity
We are on the hunt for a Digital and Social Media Coordinator to join our media and communications team. We will offer the right candidate a creative canvas to develop and drive the content creation, live television production and video streaming for one of NSW’s leading regional Councils. This role is backed-up and supported by a highly experienced media and communications team with world-class industry experience in broadcast, digital, design, creative services, public relations and marketing.
This is a hands on role where you can maximise your craft to develop creative story-telling, drive online campaigns that showcase living and working in our region and build and coordinate the social presence for a large Council located in a popular, thriving and vibrant part of NSW. You will work on live television and video streaming assignments while coordinating multiple projects and issues simultaneously. The role offers an excellent opportunity to work on a diverse scale of projects for numerous clients who will want your very best skills to tell their stories.
So who are we looking for?
This is not just any role – you’ll need to multi-task, enjoy working with video, be able to craft compelling visual stories using latest broadcast technology while demonstrating a high attention to detail in your written word and project management skills. You’ll love a challenge and you’ll effortlessly inject your social street smarts, writing skills, humour and wit into the products you create.
You must be willing to evolve your skills and keep up to speed with the ever-changing social media environment and platforms. Video production skills are a must, as is the ability to competently write compelling social media copy for projects in our content calendars.
As our Digital and Social Coordinator, your role will involve:
- Leading the creative direction for our internal clients' brand look, feel and content.
- Producing social media content for a range of platforms - with a strong focus on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Assist with producing live television from Dubbo for broadcasters, and coordinate the live streaming content on our digital platforms.
- Helping to create compelling video content that can be used across various platforms including out of home, film and television.
- Writing eye-catching, punchy, short form social media copy for our platforms.
- Briefing photography, video and creative content for campaigns according to the strategy and content scope, while being able to effortlessly produce it yourself if the opportunity arises.
- Staying on top of trends and best practice approaches to ensure our social media content is meeting our in-house business and community needs.
- Creatively producing content to bring our brand's stories to life.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Diploma in communication, marketing, web, television or related discipline.
- Solid depth of experience (3-4 years) producing digital content and social media content calendars or strategies.
- The ability to recognise, produce, create and develop great audio, visual and written content across multiple social channels.
- A feel for design aesthetics and corporate branding, making sure there's consistency across all social and digital content produced by the team.
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with skills and experience in Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and more.
- Ability to write compelling captions and content that engages the target audience via our social media channels with proven attention to detail in regard to grammar and copy.
- Solid understanding of the digital and social media ecosystem.
- The ability to take direction and work independently.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Great interpersonal skills, with an ability to work effectively in a small team environment. Bring your sense of humour and adventure!
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including opportunity to access to monthly rostered day off, DRC fitness passport program, well-being program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and have an active Social Club.
Salary: $74,949 - $87,102 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am, Monday 15 June 2020
Enquiries: Manager Corporate Image and Communications - 02 6801 4359
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.