During these uncertain times, why not make the move to the stability and dependability of a local government career. Forget about sitting in traffic for hours and paying for parking. It’s all about balance and in Goulburn, we believe in a great work/life balance. Just 2 hours from Sydney, less than 1 hour from Canberra and 1.5 hours to the coast, right now in Goulburn, your next career opportunity awaits with Goulburn Mulwaree Council.
Join Council’s Environment and Health business unit where you will supervise and manage the regulatory services team’s biosecurity weeds and ranger functions, including the operation of the Animal Shelter.
As part of this role, you will work under applicable legislation to achieve statutory timeframes, targets and the service functions required of the business unit.
To be successful you will bring:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in conservation land management, agriculture, local government regulatory services or enforcement, or a similar discipline
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the enforcement of the provisions of relevant local government legislation
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability in staff management to plan, manage and supervise functions of a multidisciplinary professional/technical team
- Commencing salary between $95,588 – $107,582 per annum, inclusive of 9.5% superannuation
- A to and from work vehicle included
- Work 35 hours per week, over a 19 day 4 week period
- Generous Award workplace conditions
- A challenging, flexible and fun team work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing programs
This position is subject to relevant pre-employment checks.
The contact officer for this position is Sarah Ainsworth, Business Manager Environment & Health on (02) 4823 4551.
For more information and how to apply, please visit www.goulburn.nsw.gov.au.
Applications close Monday, 15 June 2020 at 5:00pm.
One team delivering with Passion Respect Innovation Dedication Excellence.