We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.The Opportunity
The Building and Development Certifier provides in an efficient, expedient and professional manner a range of services and controls enabled and required by governing legislation and Council policy for the protection of the built and natural environment.In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Efficiently and effectively process Development, Complying Development and Construction Certificate Applications
- Conduct inspections to ensure compliance
- Provide specialist and technical advice to stakeholders
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Hold or be eligible to hold a minimum A3 level accreditation under the Building Professionals Board’s Accreditation Scheme
- Demonstrated competency and familiarity with the Building Code of Australia and associated legislation
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Strong commitment to exceptional customer service
- A current WH&S Construction Induction Certificate (White)
You are a motivated and proactive professional with a high level of demonstrated communication and time management skills. You will be a team player who looks for positive ways to contribute to the team culture and responsibilities. You will have previous experience and demonstrated technical ability in the certification and development assessment roles.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $74,949 - $87,102 per annum plus superannuation. A leaseback vehicle is available.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 1 June 2020
Enquiries: Building Services Team Leader - 6801 4657How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)