- Salary from $76,744.31 to $88,018.70 p.a. + super + mobile phone
- 35 hours per week with a fortnightly RDO
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Woollahra Council is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Insurance & Risk Officer to join the Business Assurance & Risk team.
The Senior Insurance & Risk Officer will be required to process and monitor public liability and professional indemnity claims as well as provide support and advice in relation to corrective actions to minimise liability risk within all areas of Council. The Officer will also assist the Coordinator with the Council’s insurance program.
The successful Candidate will have at least 5 years' prior experience in claims management and investigation and the proven ability to set priorities. This is a hands on position that will allow you to work in an autonomous and busy role with the support of your Coordinator.
- Proven experience at least 5 years in claims management and investigation
- Ability to develop work plans to meet objectives and deadlines
- Flexible approach to work demands and proven ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in negotiation and mediation
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to collaborate with stakeholders
- High level of competence in the use of spreadsheet, Microsoft office and data applications
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Council’s corporate and department values
- Current C Class drivers licence
- Previous Local Government experience
- Experience in workers compensation claims and rehabilitation – injury management
- Experience in risk management
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Cheryle Burns, Manager Business Assurance and Risk on 9391 7017 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, Sunday 31 May 2020
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication