- Carry out routine regulatory programs including food, skin penetration, public swimming pools and water-cooling systems
- Investigate and respond to customer requests concerning public health risks
- Salary from $77,561 + superannuation + leaseback vehicle
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
The City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environmental Health Officer to join our Environmental Health Team.
In this dynamic role, you will assess environmental risks associated to customer requests and pollution incidents and take effective action to achieve compliance. You will be responsible for completing routine compliance assessments at regulated premises and provide sound advice on development matters. You will work with other like-minded professionals to deliver the operational performance targets of the Health and Building Department.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with suitable experience, seeking to grow and further develop their career as an Environmental Health professional.
- A degree in environmental health or other suitable qualification relevant to the key accountabilities for the position
- Sound working knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Local Government Act, Protection of the Environment Operations Act, Food Act, Public Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Experience in assessing environmental health risks and take appropriate action, including the use of compliance and enforcement options to rectify issues
- Excellent communication (oral and written), technical and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise work to achieve performance targets.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Current Class C NSW Drivers licence
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Free shuttle bus between North Ryde station and the office
- Annual performance review and Award increases
- Health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, fitness passport, etc.)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Tuesday 31 March 2020 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Vincent Shepherd on (02) 9952 8274 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer