- Engineering opportunity in our Waterways team on the Central Coast
- Exciting opportunity to showcase your skills and experience in floodplain management
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight
- Permanent full time position
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment. We are committed to diversity in our community and our workforce and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, people with a disability and people from diverse backgrounds to apply to be part of our inclusive team.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work. Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
About the role:
Are you interested in working with a professional and friendly team who will support you in your career? Do you enjoy working on floodplain management and Water Sensitive Urban Design projects?
If the answers to these questions are ‘yes’, then this may be the role for you.
Key activities of this role include:
- Providing technical flood assessment of developments and rezoning applications;
- Providing comment on draft flood studies, floodplain risk management studies and plans;
- Developing and reviewing catchment specific flood and drainage related studies.
- You are a community minded person, who can work in a fast-paced environment, able to work autonomously and has sound knowledge of floodplain risk management;
- You have the skills and ability to provide technical flood advice and advise on flood related development enquiries;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you.
- We are a large and progressive organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of professional engineers in our Waterways section who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive environment with opportunities for career development;
- We offer opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation.
Please refer to the position description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range of between $75k to $90k per annum + superannuation.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete additional online assessments.
Enquiries: Parissa Ghanem, Team Leader Floodplain Management, on ph: 0408 436 948.