- $56,079 to $68,215 + super + applicable penalty rates
- 38 hours per week with a time in lieu day off each fortnight
- 5 weeks paid annual leave
Are you a self-motivated, well-organised person who enjoys working outdoors? Are you an experienced Regulatory professional and are passionate about assisting our community? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Ranger to join our Regulatory team at Woollahra Council!
As a Regulatory Ranger, you will patrol the Woollahra Council area to administer regulations in regards to the Local Government Act, Protection of the Environment Operations Act, Companion Animals Act, and Australian Road Rules. Your daily duties will include visiting building sites, enforcing and educating the community about littering, obstructions, tree preservation, parking, dog impounding and other related duties.
The successful applicant will be required to work a 14-day roster which will include every second weekend and at least one afternoon shift per week (penalty rates for weekend and overtime will apply). In return, you will be entitled to a fortnightly time in lieu day off and 5 weeks annual leave.
Please note, employment in this position is subject to a Police Check for criminal history and you must be capable of working within in the physical requirements of the position.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience using computers and digital cameras
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise, set priorities and manage a variety of concurrent tasks
- High level interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Well-developed report writing and evidence gathering skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills or training
- Comprehensive knowledge of and practical experience in Local Government enforcement and demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations including but not limited to the following: Roads Act 1993, Impounding Act 1993, Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1993, Companion Animals Act 1998, Local Government Act 1993, NSW Road Rule 2014
- Current Class C drivers licence
- Completion of the Certificate IV Local Government (Regulatory Services) or similar
- Knowledge or understanding of the Building & Development process, including knowledge of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979
- Experience in the preparation and service of notices and orders
- Demonstrated experience in the use of electronic penalty notice systems (Pinforce)
- Experience in the impounding and safe handling of dogs and other companion animals
- Senior First Aid certificate
How to Apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Suzy Rich, Regulatory Team Leader on 9391 7947 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight Sunday 23rd February 2020
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication