CBCity, NSW’s largest Council, currently has an exciting permanent opportunity within our innovative and progressive Corporate Development Unit for an experienced Business Improvement Specialist.
Reporting to the Team Leader Business Improvement, you will be responsible for promoting and embedding innovation, operational excellence and a culture of continuous improvement. You will provide expert advice on process improvements to drive customer centricity and support the organisation’s visions and values.
Some of your duties in this role will include:
• Leading and facilitating business improvement projects end-to-end
• Streamlining processes and defining quantifiable value to the organisation
• Influencing a culture of continuous improvement by engaging all levels of the organisation in business improvement
• Facilitating workshops with key stakeholders
• Collaborating across the business to ensure buy-in
• Building capability of a team of business improvement ‘champions’ who will implement improvements across the business
• Providing support for performance and compliance audits
• Performing other relevant duties as required
The successful applicant will possess:
• Tertiary qualification in Business or relevant discipline Extensive experience within a Business Improvement role
• Demonstrable experience in end-to-end process improvement project delivery
• Previous experience in leading and facilitating workshops with a wide range of stakeholders
• Strong project management skills including the ability to handle complex problems, prioritise and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate, liaise, influence and challenge stakeholders
• A strong commitment to fostering a culture of innovation and improvement
• Class C Drivers Licence
• Lean, Six Sigma, PRINCE2, AGILE, Scrum Master Qualifications at any level (desirable)
What’s in it for you?
• Permanent Full Time Opportunity
• Located in Bankstown (close to public transport)
• Flexible work practices (opportunity to earn additional time off)
• 35 Hour week
• Access to health and wellbeing programs
• Access to further training and development
• Work for an award winning organisation that will truly value your input
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the 'Apply' button below and creating a login using your email address. Please provide a current CV and a covering letter addressing your suitability for the role.
Applications close on Friday, 13 December 2019.
For more information, please contact Farah Khalil (Team Leader Business Improvement) on 9707 5526.
Canterbury Bankstown Council prides itself on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/city-of-canterbury-bankstown