This position's primary purpose is to ensure engineering contracts for maintenance and capital works construction projects and programs are delivered in accordance with the contract specifications, within budget and in a quality and timely manner, it is also tasked with ensuring compliance with all contract requirements and provide oversight of all contract documentation and budgets. This position is full time and located in Council's Cudal Office, the salary range is $77k to $83K per annum exclusive of superannuation, a leaseback vehicle with full private usage is also attached to this position. For confidential enquiries please contact Council's Operations Manager, Roads & Bridges, Tony Weekes on 63907155 or Council's Human Resources Manager, Glenn Meehan on 63923218.
To ensure engineering contracts for maintenance and capital works construction projects and programs are delivered in accordance with the contract specifications, within budget and in a quality and timely manner. To ensure compliance with all contract requirements and provide oversight of all contract documentation and budgets
- Prepare and then coordinate contracts including RMS for maintenance or construction works
- Prepare work proposals and liaise with the Construction and Maintenance Coordinators for the delivery of the program
- Prepare costing and time estimates for works
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with contract and funding bodies, having regular contact and contract/works reviews to ensure projects are on track, on time and compliant with all contract specifications and requirements
- Prepare all documentation works program/projects including but not limited to WHS, Risk, Financial and Environmental requirements
- In cooperation with Construction and Maintenance Coordinators act as oversight/internal compliance on projects to ensure compliance and safety requirements are being met
- Prepare tender documentation and oversight
- Provide regular update and risk analysis reports to the Manager Operations and Director Engineering and Technical Services on progress of works projects
- Conduct fortnightly quality assurance asset inspection and reporting for RMS on NSW state roads, apply the Reflect principles to these inspections, including recording of defects and recording of the accomplishments.
- Complete data entry for MMS for State, Regional and Local road networks.
- Complete reporting and forecasting for RMAP input for the RMS.
- Provide timely instructions and support to outdoor staff on Reflect for recording of accomplishments.
- Undertake night time inspections with other staff members only as required.
- Scoping and identifying heavy patching and reseal areas
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Sound knowledge of RMS principals, administration requirements and relevant Acts/specifications.
- Relevant experience in contract or project management in local government roads and infrastructure or similar
- Previous experience in developing, coordinating and managing tenders and contracts
- Above average computer skills including word, excel and project
- Proven experience in preparing project specifications including cost and scope
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills and ability to prepare non-standard reports
- Strong negotiation skills and relationship management
- Construction, engineering or project management qualifications would be preferable but not essential
- Construction Induction Certification (White Card).
- Class C driver’s licence.
- Current Implement Traffic Control Plans Certification (Yellow Card) would be preferable but not essential