About Gilgandra Shire Council
Gilgandra is a vibrant rural community in Central West NSW, situated at the junction of three main highways and in close proximity to Dubbo. There is a strong supportive community that has worked together to develop excellent schools, medical services, retail services and recreational activities that you simply do not see in communities of a similar size.
Gilgandra presents you with an opportunity to have an excellent lifestyle you may not be able to afford in the city.
About the position
The position will act as Council’s building certifier performing all regulatory functions relating to the role. The position will undertake development assessment functions, which include proactively supporting Council in providing accurate and update to date information relating to development matters. The position will also have key responsibilities in property management and building maintenance.
- Minimum A3 certification with the NSW Building Professionals Board Accreditation Level, with a preference for A2 certification
- Current driver’s licence – Class C
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Ability to supervise a team and work
- Possess an enthusiastic self-motivated attitude with a helpful disposition with effective communication, customer service and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to WHS and EEO issues
- Experience in regulatory compliance / audits
- Local Government Experience with an understanding of Council’s regulatory role
- WH&S Construction Induction Certificate
- Knowledge of Property Management and Information or commitment to be trained
Salary: $1598.70 - $1918.69
Closing date: 9:00am, 16 December 2019
Enquiries: Director Planning and Environment, Mr Lindsay Mathieson, or the HR Department on 02 6817 8800