Primary Work Location: Erina
- Lead a team in a busy, challenging and fast paced environment
- Drive performance and deliver excellent customer service to your community
- Live and work on the beautiful Central Coast of NSW
- Permanent full time position + 9 day Fortnight (RDO) + Leaseback Vehicle
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment. We are committed to diversity in our community and our workforce and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, people with a disability and people from diverse backgrounds to apply to be part of our inclusive team.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
There are currently two vacant positions available. One has a focus on the operation and maintenance of sewage pumping stations and the other on pipes and fittings. Please indicate in your responses below if you have a particular preference.
Our ideal candidate will be an effective people and resource manager who can influence and implement change. Having supervisory skills, you will effectively lead and support our Water & Sewer Operations teams as they undertake their programmed and reactive tasks. In these roles you will have the opportunity to drive performance from a committed team and deliver excellent customer service to your community. These roles require a leader who adapts to changing environments, who can remain calm and make decisions in emergency situations.
Key activities of this role include:
- Coordinate staff and resources for the repair, operations, maintenance and construction of water and sewer infrastructure, which may include pump stations, reservoirs, mains and fittings;
- Ensure the team complies with policies, processes, procedures, Workplace Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements and effectively execute risk management and cost saving practices relating to operations and maintenance;
- Maintain a level of expertise and provide technical support to teams within the business unit including a thorough understanding of WSSA Codes and industry practices;
- Manage a 24/7 business operation and attend to out of hours work when required.
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management or equivalent;
- Certificate IV in Water Operations OR demonstrated solid contemporary experience in supervising water and sewer operations and maintenance staff combined with ongoing professional development;
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence;
- Valid Construction General Induction card - NSW WorkCover or equivalent;
- Current Certification to Enter and Work in Confined Spaces or willingness to obtain prior to commencement;
- Current Certification Working Safely at Heights, or willingness to obtain prior to commencement;
- Current RMS Prepare a Work Zone Traffic Management Plan Certificate, or willingness to obtain prior to commencement;
- Current Asbestos Awareness Training, or willingness to obtain.
- Diploma of Engineering or Project Management.
This role provides a salary range of between $1,440.60 to $1,729.00 per week ($75,112 to $90,150 per annum) + superannuation.
A vehicle is provided for official duties and private use leaseback is available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass a Confined Spaces medical.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity..
Enquiries: Joe Weston, Section Manager Network Operations and Quality Control South on 0419 201 304.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Thursday, 21 November 2019.