- Salary up to $128,310 p.a. + super + full private use vehicle
- Fortnightly RDO – healthy work/life balance
- Conveniently located in a harbour side location, steps from Redleaf Beach
Woollahra council is seeking to employ a Senior Corporate Accountant to join our Finance Team. As a Senior Corporate Accountant, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will see yourself working in a professional, dynamic and supportive team.
The Senior Corporate Accountant is responsible for the management of the financial, budget and systems accounting areas of the Finance department of Woollahra Council. In addition, you will be required to ensure Council meets all of its tax obligations.
The preferred applicant will have a previous background in a Senior level role and have excellent written and verbal communication as well as the ability to work both independent and within a team.
This is a permanent full time position consisting of 35 hours per week, with the inclusion of a fortnightly rostered day off.
- Degree in Accounting/Financial Management or related field
- Significant proven management experience in broad accounting roles
- Sound knowledge of Accounting Standards and Tax legislation
- Excellent computer and systems literacy
- High level analytical skills
- Policy & procedure review, development and documentation skills
- Strong leadership skills including team building and motivation skills
- Well-developed project management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including demonstrated experience in effective communication with a range of stakeholders
- A commitment to customer service
- Local Government experience
- Knowledge of the Local Government Code of Accounting Practice and Asset Accounting Manual
- Membership of a professional accounting body
How to Apply
- Apply on line by clicking the 'APPLY NOW' button below
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Sue Meekin, Chief Financial Officer on 02 9391 7022 during business hours
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, Sunday 24 November 2019
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication