- Are you looking for a hands-on role with real community impact?
- Do you have the ability to build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Do you have an understanding of community organisations and providing a booking service?
The City of Ryde is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks, scenic waterways, and areas of historical significance, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney and we have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our Community & Ranger Services Department.
City of Ryde has a network of 28 halls and facilities providing hireable and licenced space to the community. This position leads a small professional team in providing a high level of customer service to the community and ensures that the community facilities are accessible, well-presented and maintained to a high standard.
The Team Leader Community Facilities, will be responsible for managing the day to day operations and developing clear policy and practices to guide the management and governance arrangements of the community facilities. This position will contribute to the planning and delivery of community halls and facilities now and into the future to ensure an equitable approach to the supply and distribution of community facilities across the City of Ryde.
Of key importance in this role is the development of strong relationships with the community and the ongoing management of Council's diverse range of stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes.
To be considered for this position, you will require the following:
- Extensive experience and demonstrated ability in managing facilities and /or relevant qualifications in facilities management, business management or a related field
- Comprehensive understanding of the role of community facilities in achieving Council's strategic social and community outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, lead, motivate and develop staff
- High level interpersonal skills with proven skills in negotiation and resolution and group facilitation in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Excellent written communication skills with proven ability to prepare reports and presentations to Senior Management.
- Commitment to customer service and systems/quality improvement
- Understanding of the Local Government Act 1993, Crown Lands Act 1989, particularly aspects relating to the public land management and other relevant legislation - while not essential would be highly regarded (I don't think we need this)
- Current Class C NSW Drivers licence
In return we offer a salary in the range of $92,315.70 - $106,163.06 p.a. plus superannuation, career and lifestyle balance, including rostered days off and a lease back vehicle. So if you possess a "can-do" attitude, excellent customer service and organisational skills, and you are interested in working with the community don't delay, apply today!
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. You do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Previous applicants need not re-apply, all previous applications will be considered
Interested? If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Sue Verhoek on (02) 9952 89194 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 3 November 2019 @ 11:30pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer