- Lead people and culture change initiatives
- Drive performance improvement and safety
- Competitive remuneration
Canterbury Bankstown City Council is one of NSW's leading local government entities. Its focus is on people transformation, innovation and driving performance improvement. The organisation is now seeking to appoint a Manager Aquatics who will bring new thinking and business strategies to a critical part of Council's community services.
Reporting to the Director Community Services and working collaboratively across Council, you will be responsible for:
- building and leading goegraphically dispersed teams;
- in consultation with key stakeholder groups, developing innovative strategies and services that enhance customer experience;
- driving a culture of continuous improvement in systems and processes; and,
- ensuring safety at all of Council's aquatic centres.
With relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience, an understanding of Local Government and deep experience in delivering safe and customer-centric aquatic services, you will have a track record in people management and the delivery of commercially sustainable services. Experience in establishing and managing aquatics facilities with high standards of safety and customer service is essential. The ability to make evidence-based decisions and to be accountable for outcomes is critical. Candidates will have exceptional communication skills, strong commercial acumen and the ability to lead and inspire diverse teams.
Enquiries or requests for information should be directed to Judith Carpenter on 02 9558 5102 or confidential resumes sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: August 30, 2019