- Are you a high performing advisor or analyst looking to take your policy career to the next level?
- Are you looking for flexibility and stretch?
- Are you strategically driven with proven success in plan and policy development?
- Are you excited about authentic engagement and in creatively delivering this?
- Do you excel with research and communication?
We are looking for an enthusiastic policy professional with this mix of skills, to join our small and dedicated Policy team within the Strategy Group. This would suit someone who is already operating at the senior level or an intermediate advisor who is ready for the next challenge and is keen for a lifestyle change (no more traffic jams or unaffordable housing! Get a dog and enjoy the lower cost of living!). Now is the perfect time to consider a change in roles or cities - Whanganui is growing, has a vibrant creative community and a strong sense of where it is heading. You will have a role to play in this exciting shift, while reaping the benefits of a district that is full of personality and potential. This includes a beautiful coast, outstanding schools, easy accessibility to Wellington and Auckland, all the facilities you need, and a rich arts and cultural scene (including live music and great places to eat!).
You will need to be able to lead complex policy projects and have a track record of providing robust policy advice. This should include strong qualitative and quantitative research skills and, ideally, experience with larger scale strategy work. Although there will be no direct team management, leadership and mentoring experience or potential is also important.
This is an exciting role with a diverse range of projects on offer. This includes opportunity to work flexibly and identify new initiatives and approaches within our core tasks of developing and reviewing the district's strategy, policies and bylaws. As a result, we want someone who is innovative, positive, motivated and has a commitment to our Leading Edge aspirations.
To be successful in this role, you'll be someone who has:
- Experience leading a range of complex policy projects and working across teams to influence a range of activities;
- Strong stakeholder relationship building, influencing and engagement skills to gain the cooperation and commitment of others;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to present information and ideas effectively and engagingly to a wide range of audiences;
- Proven project management skills to deliver work within specified timeframes;
- Strong skills in qualitative and quantitative research;
- In addition, excellent attention to detail is a must.
Our Leading Edge Strategy reflects Whanganui's unique attributes and clearly sets out our future aspirations. The role of Senior Policy Advisor will be directly involved in contributing to these goals in creative and empowering ways alongside our diverse and welcoming community.
Enquires about this role can be made to Stephanie Macdonald-Rose, Policy and Governance Manager on 06 349 3215.
Please do not send applications to this person, only online applications will be accepted for this role.
You can also visit our website www.whanganui.govt.nz for more information and to apply for this role.
Applications close on 25 August 2019.
Interviews will be held 9-13 September 2019
To apply for this job go to: http://whanganuidc.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4806260.