This position is required to coordinate Council’s Health and building functions ensuring the achievement of acceptable health standards within the community through regulation and facilitation of a healthy environment including overseeing the annual inspection and licensing of registered food outlets in accordance with Council procedures and relevant legislation. It is also required to coordinate a range of building functions by maintaining and enforcing compliance with recognised construction and building standards and legislation . For confidential inquiries please contact Council's Director of Environmental Services, Heather Nicholls on (02) 63923241. The salary range for this position is $1711.90 to $1843.50 per week, exclusive of superannuation, additional benefits may also be available for outstanding candidates. A leaseback vehicle is attached to this position.
To be successful in this role you will need to have;
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health, Building Surveying or related discipline
- Building Surveying Accreditation A2.
- Class C driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the regulation of health and building matters
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret relevant health and building legislation including Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act, Plumbing and Drainage Act and related regulations and the Building Code of Australia.
- Ability to solve problems and independently manage a number of projects, studies and consultants to achieve innovative outcomes for complex planning matters.
- High level of computer literacy (including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and relevant specialised software).
- Understanding of and a commitment to delivering regulatory requirements of Local Government.
- Experience in the leading and supervising staff
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to liaise, negotiate, consult and resolve conflict
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and produce detailed correspondence, reports, policies and complex documents.
- Proven analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with demonstrated initiative and flexibility