The promary purpose of this position is to meet the strategic planning requirements of the Cabonne Shire within the planning legislation framework, having regard to changing economic, environmental, social and demographic conditions. This position is based at Council's Molong Office, for conficential enquiries please contact Council's Director of Environmental Services, Heather Nicholls on (02) 63923241.
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban & Regional planning or equivalent
- Class C driver’s licence.
- Construction Induction Certification (White Card
- Demonstrated experience in planning, urban & regional design review and strategic planning.
- Experience in reviewing rezoning proposals, preparing planning proposals and development control plans to achieve sustainable strategic land use planning.
- Sound understanding of, and ability to interpret and apply NSW Planning Legislation and Local Environmental Plan (LEP) making process, NSW Heritage Legislation and Local Government Act.
- Ability to solve problems and independently manage a number of projects, studies and consultants to achieve innovative outcomes for complex planning matters.
- High level of computer literacy (including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and geographical information systems).
- Good communication skills and experience preparing reports, correspondence and presentations on complex planning matters, within established timeframes.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in community consultation and effective communications with stakeholders, elected representatives and government departments.
- Ability to work in a team environment, contribute and provide guidance and assistance.