Permanent Full Time - 12.5% Super - Monthly RDO - Training & Development Opportunities
Australia’s most southern municipal area, the Huon Valley Council is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Development Engineering Officer to join their Environment & Development Services Department.
Working in the beautiful natural surrounds of the Huon Valley you will be assessing and inspecting development engineering requirements for planning and building applications, inspecting development engineering works and arranging for the connections of new developments to road and stormwater infrastructure.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Completion of relevant Diploma or Bachelor Degree and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of civil engineering design codes and construction practises
- Demonstrated ability to provide civil, hydraulic and traffic engineering review of planning, design and construction of land and subdivision proposals
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritise workloads within statutory timeframes
- Oral and written communication skills
- Driver's Licence
For more information about this position, including a position description, visit http://www.huonvalley.tas.gov.au/jobs or contact Luke Chiu, Director Environment & Development Services, on (03) 6264 0300.
To be considered for the position, applications must include a CV and covering letter and separate document addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements and can be submitted via the website above.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 29th July 2019.