Compliance Investigations Specialist
Be passionate. Be progressive. Hawkesbury City Council.
• Salary negotiable from $86K pa + Super + leaseback vehicle
• Permanent full time
• 9 Day Fortnight
This role is a newly created position and we are looking for someone that has the drive to take on the challenges of a new position. Working with the Compliance Coordinator, you will be responsible for regulatory action including compliance, surveillance and investigative work to ensure customers and residents are aware of their obligations for building compliance.
You will be responsible for undertaking complex investigations and conducting inspections of private properties in regard to unauthorised development and compliance including (but not limited to):
• Conditions of development consents
• Unauthorised land use
• Illegal tree removal
• Illegal dumping.
This position will also be responsible for educating the community on responsible compliance practices together with issuing of orders and penalty infringement notices, when required for breaches of Council’s development controls and conditions.
You must have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying, Local Government investigations or a related regulatory or legal discipline and a current Class C drivers licence
• Demonstrated extensive experience in building compliance; environmental investigations or related field.
• Extensive demonstrated working knowledge of the Local Government Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Protection of the Environmental Operations Act and other legislation applicable to the position
• Extensive demonstrated experience in preparing Statement of Basic Facts, and contentions and briefs of evidence in relation to compliance matters before the Local Court and Land and Environment Court
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills and experience.
For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or if you do not have access to our website call the Human Resources Coordinator at 02 4560 4444.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 9 June 2019
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Please note that the canvassing of Councillors in relation to these matters will automatically disqualify the applicant from this process.