THE POSITION: The position has been created to resource the Health Partnership to work collaboratively with other stakeholders to develop and implement health initiatives. The position contributes to the health of the community of Fairfield City through a partnership between Fairfield City Council (FCC), Population Health and Health Promotion in South Western Sydney Local Health District (SWSLHD).
The Health Partnership aims to develop initiatives through the Strategic Working Group to maintain an integrated and strategic approach to addressing health in planning, policy development and program delivery. Key stakeholders from each partner agency will work collaboratively within a promotion health prevention framework to address these health issues.
The position requires a person with the capacity to deal with a wide range of stakeholders, including Executive Management, professionals, project staff, and residents. The incumbent must be adaptable, persuasive and possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Comprehensive experience in community development/health promotion, preferably in a health related field
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships and work cooperatively with a range of stakeholder groups with diverse interests and motivations (community organisations and/or government departments and/or local government)
- Significant experience managing networks and providing support to service providers
- Significant experience working with culturally diverse communities
- Experience in project development and evaluation
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing reports and submissions
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, consultation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to cultural diversity, WH&S and EEO
- Developed skills and knowledge in public relations and communications
- Well-developed research skills in data collection, interpretation and report writing
- Well-developed computer skills, including in word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Knowledge of health and/or community services issues in Fairfield
- Experience in managing budgets.
Minimum: Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences, Health, related field or relevant experience, Driver's License – Class C
Desirable: Post Graduate qualification in a relevant specialisation.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Temporary Part Time position, 42 hours per fortnight until June 2020
- This position is a Grade 6, salary is $ 79,050 p.a. (Pro rata)
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Peter Hope Acting Team Leader – Cultural Development on 02 9725 0871 or a position description is available by contacting Kerrie Baker Business Unit Support Officer on 02 9725 0877.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 7 June 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860